Mentoring @ NC State facilitates one-to-one mentoring relationships connecting mentees with leaders in the organization. This program is intended to support the expansion of networks, contribute new knowledge and insights, and build new skills.
Mentoring relationships provide developmental expertise and professional knowledge from a more experienced perspective. A mentor acts as an advisor or a coach for an individual who may have less experience. Mentoring is at the heart of professional development because learning from successful colleagues is key to being successful.
Join us now to start developing personal and professional connections with others in the organization who can contribute to your professional growth.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network within the organization
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- GAIN better understanding of the organization
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate workplace challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell